- “Into darkness, unafraid.” ―Old Inquisition motto
The first Inquisition was a group of people who, following the First Blight, rose up to defend Thedas from the dangers of magic and heretics. The Inquisition later allied with the Chantry, abandoning its original name and splitting itself into the Seekers of Truth and the Templar Order.
In the years before the founding of the Chantry and the start of the Divine Age, Thedas was plunged into chaos. The First Blight had ended, the Imperium had broken apart following Andraste's March, and despite the spread of the Maker's teachings, blood mages and Old Gods cults were widespread. The Inquisition was formed around -100 Ancient with the goal of protecting the people from the "tyranny of magic" in whatever form it might take; blood mages, abominations, cultists or heretics. A loose association of Andrastian hard-liners, the group combed the land in search of these "threats" and some say theirs was a reign of terror. Others say they were cast in a negative light by history because their investigations and even application of justice, protecting both mages and common people impartially, crossed too many powerful groups. In these accounts it is suggested that the group was already known as the Seekers of Truth and that the "Inquisition" moniker was perhaps pejorative.
In 1:20 Divine, the newly founded Chantry found common cause with the Inquisition and they signed the Nevarran Accord. As part of the agreement, the Inquisition became the new martial arm of the Chantry, the Templar Order, and its senior members became known as the Seekers of Truth. Another result was the creation of the Circle of Magi, with the Templars serving as wardens for the Circle prisons.
The modern Inquisition, in a fledgling state, begins with the interrogation of Varric Tethras by Seeker Cassandra Pentaghast.  The Inquisition's reconstruction is, in fact, a back-up plan by Divine Justinia V in case of a calamity within the Chantry or if her attempt to restore peace between mages and templars failed. Justinia hoped that with enough support, the Inquisition could challenge the very tenets of the Chantry to enforce rights for mages. The Divine's servants searched for a worthy candidate to lead the Inquisition, such as the Warden or Hawke, but they both had disappeared.
Following the massive explosion that killed the Divine and the Conclave, Thedas falls into chaos as the Breach threatens to consume the world. The late Divine's writ was invoked by her Hands, Cassandra Pentaghast and Leliana, declaring the Inquisition reborn and independent of Chantry authority. However, the Chantry has denounced the Inquisition, calling them heretics for harbouring the Inquisitor, who had been labeled the Herald of Andraste by witnesses from the failed conclave at the Temple of Sacred Ashes.
|“不管我们曾是怎样的人，我们现在都是审判军了” — 审判官|
这里包含 龙腾世纪：审判 的剧透. 点击 展开阅读。
After either allying with or conscripting the mage rebels or templars, the Inquisitor manages to seal the Breach. But the celebrations are cut short, as Haven comes under attack by Corypheus. The Inquisitor distracts him long enough for the village to be evacuated before causing an avalanche to bury his army and the village. When the Inquisitor reunites with the Inquisition, the Herald leads them to Skyhold, where the Inquisitor is formally declared their leader.
The Inquisition later leads a siege of Adamant Fortress to stop Venatori magister Livius Erimond from binding Grey Warden mages to Corypheus, enabling the darkspawn to control an army of demons. In the aftermath, the Inquisitor can either ally with the surviving Wardens or banish them from Orlais.
After the resolution of the Orlesian Civil War, Orlais formally allies with the Inquisition and they march on the Arbor Wilds to purge the remainder of Corypheus' army. Unfortunately, Corypheus returns to the Temple of Sacred Ashes to reopen the Breach, forcing the Inquisitor to engage him without the support of the army.Following Corypheus' defeat, the Inquisition received renown throughout southern Thedas. However, Morrigan predicts that the Inquisitor's foes hide in the shadows, waiting to strike, but shall face the full might of the Inquisition when the day comes.
- 审判官 — 当代审判庭的领袖以及龙腾世纪：审判的玩家控制角色。
- 考伦·卢瑟福 — 前任圣殿武士以及审判庭军事指挥官。
- 约瑟芬·蒙蒂耶 — 管理审判庭人脉的维和大使。
- 蕾莉安娜 — 前任吟游诗人以及负责搜集审判庭情报的间谍大师，除此之外还是审判庭的创始人之一，被官方称之为总管。同时也是前任教皇的左手。
- Argent, an agent
- Belinda Darrow, an agent
- Cillian, an agent
- Dagna, Arcanist of the Inquisition
- Hall, an agent
- Helisma Derington, a tranquil mage scholar
- Katari, an agent
- Korbin, an agent
- Lace Harding, lead scout and lieutenant
- Luka, an agent
- Minaeve, a mage scholar and creatures researcher
- Neria, an agent
- Rion, an agent
- Rylen, a former Templar and Cullen's second-in-command
- Sidony, an agent
- Tamar, an agent
- Thornton, an agent
- After the establishment of the Nevarra Accord the Inquisition divided into the Templar Order & the Seekers of Truth. This is reflected in their heraldries, as the Inquisition's sigil was split in two: the Blade of Mercy became the Templars' icon, while the all-seeing eye became the crest of the Seekers of Truth.
- In The Sims 3 University Life there are various mobile phone skins, one called "Age of Dragon" which has an Inquisition theme.
参见 编辑Codex entry: The Seekers of Truth Codex entry: The History of the Chantry: Chapter 4 Codex entry: The First Inquisition
- ↑ Party banter between Cassandra and Sera
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ Dragon Age: Inquisition Developer Interview with BioWare's Cameron Lee - AusGamers.com 23rd April, 2014
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 审判玩家视频
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 www.gameinformer.com - The Return Of Races In Dragon Age: Inquisition
- ↑ From Bioware Twitch Stream, 25 October, 2014. http://youtu.be/bKSxPWkGFMw?t=6m28s
- ↑ Rosslin.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 PC Gamer Magazine: Issue 246, pp 24-25
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Thedas UK (January 14, 2012). "David Gaider Interview". Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 50
- ↑ "On Templars, Raiders, City Guards and The Coterie". Official BioWare blog. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- ↑ Codex entry: The Seekers of Truth
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 106
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Gaider, D. Dragon Age: Asunder. Epilogue. p. 412.
- ↑ Varric Character Profile.
- ↑ AusGamers Interview with Cameron Lee.
- ↑ See caption from The Sims 3 University Life.
| -7600 Ancient|
|Arlathan (0 FA–6625 FA) · Endrin Stonehammer (1st century TE) · First Blight (800–992 TE) · Caridin (†947 TE?) · Andraste (992–1025 TE) · Dales (1030–1314 TE) · Inquisition (1095–1214 TE) · Emperor Kordillus Drakon I (†1239 TE)|| -1 Ancient|
|Timeline · Calendar|
|Ancient Age · Divine Age · Glory Age · Towers Age · Black Age · Exalted Age · Steel Age · Storm Age · Blessed Age · Dragon Age|